Monday, April 6, 2009

My first post...inspired by Target

Wow...I am so psyched to finally do this! I am here to share with you all of my fashion finds and insight. This blog is an outlet for me, a fun hobby, and hopefully a resource for others!
Let's just dive right in: this recession is affecting people beyond our wildest dreams, but we still need to meet our basic needs. We should not feel that we have to look frumpy at the office or out with friends. I am constantly looking for pieces that are affordable but still exude a sense of style. That is all I will say about the recession..."it" infiltrates enough of my life as it is and this blog is a place for topics more worthy of conversation.

I have been particularly encouraged by Target's selection lately. Check out this top:


This Merona blouse is perfect for the office - just pair it with a brown pencil skirt and you are ready for a spring day...it really is gorgeous. We know florals and tie necks are all over the place this season and at $25, this is a great deal.







So maybe you want to dress this top down -- pair with dark jeans and these Restricted patent flats:


Hot hot hot! These flats will come in handy for several ocassions this spring, most notably Easter Sunday with a proper black or navy dress. The unexpected color of the flats will be just what your outfit needs...oh yes, and they are on sale for $40.





Also on my trip to Target I found an off-white rock 'n' roll scarf with a black star print by Converse. I couldn't find the same one online, but here is another by the same label and for the same price - $17. This would look fab with skinny jeans, clearly, and a black or grey off the shoulder light sweater. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment